Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lazy Sunday & New Downloads

Well, it's Sunday: slept in until 8:30am, read in bed until 11, cleaned the bathroom, grilled up a garlic-jam-grilled cheese sammy, simmered a mixture on the stove to drown the fruit flies (milk sugar, pepper, & dish soap), ironed candle wax out of a pair of jeans, did some laundry, hung said laundry, took a nap, and "looked" over lesson plans for the upcoming week. Yet alas, I never get as much done as I want. I always have such high hopes for the weekend -- but meh, the weekend is supposed to be chill, right?

Downloaded a couple of new songs -- big fan of Bastille and Justin Timberlake right now. Read this article on Buzzfeed about wear-to-work sweatshirts and I come home from Itaewon with four new "sweatshirts" I can wear to work. Pretty cute stuff and each only cost me 5,000 won (less than 5 dollars). I love Korean-made clothes. Cheap and made for my Asian frame. 

"Project Free TV" came up this weekend when talking to friends about the new "Scandal" season (Kerry Washington and Fitz love). My sister is a huge fan and I know that a lot of people use it but I hate what it stands for. And that name makes me cringe. The entitlement and lack of respect. I dunno, there's a lot of work that goes into every second of every TV show, movie, music video... into visual media. The number of people, too, behind every project is huge. I think it's mostly the name that bothers me. TV scheduling and revenue isn't part of my expertise; it's just a general feeling I have. That's why when I'm ready, I don't mind paying for a couple new songs on iTunes or paying for a movie ticket to watch a movie the way filmmakers imagined it.

No comments:

Post a Comment