Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What's next?

I've got my walking and busing route to work figured out, and as I now begin to settle into the weekly routine I so craved for when I was unemployed, I'm beginning to think about what's next. I cleaned the entire bathroom and kitchen last night just thinking.

The goals I set for myself for when I moved back to Madison were all logistics. I needed to find a place to live, needed a job, too. Now, I figure it's time to start pushing myself creatively and get my new priorities sorted out, because life is tasty. I want a taste of everything I've always wanted to eat. 

It's hard to know. To know what to do, how to get there. I stress out about it a lot. I listen to other people's journeys and worry my own is that much off track. And I'm not sure why being in my mid twenties feels so close to death or worse, failure, but it does. Why is it so impressive that a nineteen year old develops a wildly popular app and makes millions? He's so young -- AMAZING. Silly, really. It'd be amazing for a person of any age. 

The job that will make me happy, feel fulfilled, and where I can make a difference. My expectations in that kind of glory may be too hurried. It's going to take work and time, and that's totally cool with me. I just need this week to rest up for the hike. 

I like hikes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment